Sunday, March 02, 2008

Movie Review : Vantage Point



Vantage point is a movie I saw after a very long time. In the theatre I mean. I am lucky enough to have a friend who is masterful at obtaining back row tickets to any film, 5 minutes before it starts! I watched a late show at Prasads(a multiplex here in Hyderabad).

The plot line is apparently uncomplicated. The president is in Spain for an anti Terrorism summit. He is about to speak when he is shot twice. The same shot is shown from the perspective of eight different people present at that time. As each persons view is depicted, more and more of the story is revealed and a very startling image jumps up! I personally felt it was a well made movie. The shots have been well crafted. Despite having to see some shots again and again, the film does not drag anywhere. The single car chase scene is worth mentioning! It was very well choreographed and I would even go so far as to compare it to the ones I saw in Transporter. Dennis Quaid has done a damn good job as a Secret Service agent. Forrest Whittaker looks like a child with cerebral palsy. I did not quite get what they tried to do with him. The end is dramatic a la bollywood but hey! you need those moments right?

I give it four out of five. Definitely not to be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.